After Christmas, I usually begin to reflect over the past year and life in general. This introspection would last until my birthday a few weeks later in January. One of the things I’m proud of is improving the blog since the summer. I like the look and the consistent and expanded content.
Here are the top 5 from Jonas’ Essential Matters:
- Blogging 101: The online course through WordPress was pivotal in improving the blog. This course allowed me to act on suggestions. It also prompted me to interact with the blogosphere and discover new blogs. You can sign up for the January course here.
- “Inside Out” movie reflection: I am always astounded that this movie reflection is very popular (in the Philippines, no less). I had spent little time on it to make my Monday deadline in July. I reread the entry many times to see what made this one work without successful. My pessimistic side has felt that some students are plagiarizing my work. My optimistic side preferred that people enjoyed and shared it.
- Poem: “Yellow Dress”: The retreat in Maine reaped many spiritual and photographic fruits. But my most memorable is finding a yellow dress by the beach. That inspired me to write the poem, the first one in years.
- Beauty, Dress and “Laudato Si”: This entry marks one of my first attempts to link my spiritual lessons with practical tips for living. I have enjoyed linking these three topics together. If you haven’t read Pope Francis’ encyclical, you can check it out here.
- First Christmas break as a seminarian: This entry after the “Inside Out” reflection has received consistent traffic. Christmas 2014 was my first time home during the holidays for year. This year might be the last Christmas with my family before novitiate (not going home for a whole year) and beyond (first vows and vocation trips, God willing). I’m trying to enjoy every moment. I will give a recap of this vacation at the start of 2016.
These are all very good things. But I’m always seeking to improve the blog. If you have any suggestions, please comment below or contact me through the contact form at the top of the blog.
Let 2016 come right in.