As I encounter more blogs this year, I kept seeing bloggers receiving award nominations. I was happy for the winners. But I was wondering when I would receive one. Yesterday, my first nomination arrived. Hooray! Thanks, Megan Elizabeth.
Rules for the award:
- Thank the person who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from the person who nominated you.
- Nominate a few other bloggers.
- Write the same amount of questions for the bloggers you nominated.
- Notify the bloggers on their blog.
- Put the award button on your blog.
Questions for me:
- Which decade do you miss the most? When I was a kid, I preferred the 1960s. Now, I miss my childhood in the 1980s. The music and the toys were cool back then. The beginnings of the massive tech boom were in that decade. (OK, the first car phone ate up trunk space. Now, the dashboard has so many tech toys.)
- To which poet do you feel most connected to? I liked Emily Dickinson as a teen. In the spiritual realm, I connect with the poetry of St. John of the Cross. His poetry on his mystical experiences are sublime and gripping. But at the same time, full comprehension remains elusive of a soul’s journey to union with God.
- Your spirit cartoon character/TV show artist? This question goes right over my head. But my favorite cartoons during my childhood were “DuckTales,” “TaleSpin,” “Darkwing Duck” and “Chip ‘n Dale Rescue Rangers.” If any of you have a clue about these cartoons, my, oh, my! How the years have flown by. Of course, I enjoyed the usual superhero cartoons with Batman and Superman.
- Your favorite indulgence when in stress? A chocolate dessert after dinner brings a brief moment of sanity in a stressful day.
- How has your blog helped you the most? Interacting with other bloggers has been the biggest thing. I have tried to remember that despite the temptation of the soap box, bloggers are actually in conversation with one another and the world. A like and a kind comment can be huge for a blogger.
I nominate the following bloggers:
Here are my questions to them:
- When are you most inspired?
- What was your favorite childhood adventure?
- What’s your favorite cartoon/TV show growing up?
- What’s your favorite dessert?
- Where do you envision your blog in the next few years?