Deacon Paul Kallal, OMV and I went to Revere Beach on Saturday, April 11, 2020. I mentioned that the EMs and lectors need a virtual retreat, but I don’t have time to organize one. Paul desired to offer spiritual nourishment to the adorers.
Together, we decided to give this retreat for Divine Mercy weekend on April 18-19, 2020. It was amazing how quickly it came together. Br. Jorge helped with the camera work. Br. Jay-Ar created the opening graphic. By myself, I couldn’t do it. But with my religious brothers, we created something beautiful.
May God shower you with many blessings.
Here are the two reflection videos for Saturday, April 18, 2020. After each video are the Scripture citation and reflection questions.
Scripture passage: John 1:35-39
- What has been the grace of the retreat so far?
- What is Jesus asking you to come and see?
- How often do you find yourself at prayer thinking to yourself instead of meeting Jesus?
- What steps from Ignatian contemplation do you want to incorporate into your prayer?
Scripture passage: John 18:25-27
- How has the image drawn you to the mercy of Jesus?
- How easy is it for you to allow Jesus to look at you with love?
- What holds you back from being close to Jesus?
- What do you want to talk about with Jesus in prayer?
After you prayed with this material, watch the next set of reflections on Sunday, April 19, 2020.