During my 8-day retreat, I desired to grow closer to Venerable Bruno Lanteri, the founder of the Oblates of the Virgin Mary. One means was praying the Chaplet of Venerable Bruno Lanteri before each meditation. It’s very moving to pray the same prayers as Venerable Bruno did more than 200 years ago. The chaplet can be easily prayed while walking or waiting on line. Each of the individual prayers can be broken out into quick prayers (aspirations) throughout the day.
How to pray the Chaplet of Venerable Bruno:
- Make the Sign of the Cross.
- Bless me, Good Jesus, with your Omnipotence. Instruct me with your Wisdom. Fill me with your Sweetness. Draw me to you and unite me to your Goodness forever. Amen. (Ask for a grace worthy of God.)
- Our Father …
- Pray 7 times the following sequence:
- Hail Mary …
- O Virgin immaculately conceived, put into my heart those things of your Son most pleasing to him.
- Glory be …
- O Good Jesus, I thirst for you.
- Venerable Bruno Lanteri, pray for us.
- Make the sign of the Cross.
I had tried to pray the chaplet during its introduction about a year ago. But using a rosary bead for each prayer became awkward. A easier solution was to use one Rosary bead for each of the 7 sequences of prayers. But better yet is to use part of the Rosary of the Seven Sorrows because it has a set of 7 beads.
May Venerable Bruno accompany you in your prayer life.